Sunday, August 30, 2009

School is around the corner

It's amazing that I have been on summer vacation for over two and a half months and still haven't done all the things I set out to do before school ended.

I was going to finish up this ISP from spring quarter that I was psyched about in March - before I realized that I wanted to devote more of my time to other projects - I postponed that.

I was going to go to the Olympics and backpack for a few days - before I realized at a two-day layover at Lake Phillips that I'd forgotten my sleeping pads and the food - I postponed that too.

I was going to read a whole host of academic books that I was really excited about - before I realized that I was really into science-fiction - You guessed it, I postponed that too (I did read a lot of science fiction though).

I was going to work on my Adventure Learning Grant proposal, and I did that, and I like what I have, despite only having finished a first draft.

I was going to go on a kayaking trip in the San Juans, and I'm still going to do that. As far as I know at least.

While I had some plans I didn't quite follow through on, I have had a really great summer in a lot of respects. Amazingly enough, I have yet to get really bored and wish for school to come. That said, I'm really excited for school to start in 24 days. There's just something about starting school again, people returning from their summers, and the beginning of fall.

Alex

No comments:

Post a Comment